Thursday, May 10, 2007

Washed Out

The flood waters have washed out part of the road along the highway I take to get to work! For the past few days I've been taking the looooong way to work. It has more than doubled my commute time! The word around town is that it's going to take a week or two for them to rebuild the road and reopen the highway! Yikes! I hope that is just exaggerated rumor! Next week I hope to have enough energy back to start exercising again and that means I'll have to leave EXTREMELY early to have enough time to workout!
_________________
Yesterday Brody felt really hot when he woke up from his nap. I took his temp and it was 101.6! I called the dr and she said to just give him Tylenol and watch for other symptoms. Mom said to give him a cool bath to help lower the temp. By bedtime his temp was down to 99.1. I think that he may be teething....but we've thought that before and were wrong. Maybe that'll be his 9-month birthday present on Monday...a tooth!

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I hope they are trapping some of that water in your Kansas lakes for the summer months! I guess it will fill up your groundwater a little and your well will keep running. That's a good thing.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that you have been able to travel between home and work, even if it is taking a while. I can't believe the amount of rain this season! It seems like the whole year's been off. It hasn't been warm enough to swim yet, which usually occurs by Spring Break. Now there's the daily rain. Weird!