Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sweetest Sound on Earth

Last night Brody was VERY fussy. He was just really tired. Brody hung out with Mike at work while I had a dr's appointment (post miscarriage appointment) so...he missed his afternoon nap. This makes for a difficult evening. He was a little happier after I nursed him before bedtime. So, I left him in Mike's care and went to dry my hair. When I turned off the hairdryer....I heard the sweetest sound. Mike and Brody were in the living room laughing. It was that hard belly laugh that babies have. So sweet! I just stood there and listened to it for a few minutes.
_____________________
We're getting more rain in KS. Tuesday night thru yesterday afternoon we had 1.5 inches. Last night between 5:30 and 8:30 pm we had another 3 inches! It rained all night last night but it was too dark to see the rain gauge this morning to see how much more rain we got. Crazy! I called dispatch this morning to make sure that the highway was open to work. It took forever for them to answer the phone (I'm sure he was sleeping) and when he did he said, "I think it's open...at least right now." The ditches were full, but the highway was clear. Whew!
_____________________
Last night Mike made himself a snack. It was very funny to watch him eat this snack. He cooked some turkey sausage. To season it he used (among other things) TONS of jalapenos! If you know Mike, you know that he LOVES spicy food....but this was even too spicy for him! He was sweating the entire time he ate it...and gulping down water! By the time he finally finished it...he looked like he'd just had an intense cardio workout! Then he asked me if it was good for his stomach to feel like it's on fire! I told him that I didn't think that was good for his body and that maybe next time he should use just a few jalapenos. Wonder if he'll remember this next time.....

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Babies laughing is the greatest sound. Hope these rains don't have you driving long distances again.

Anonymous said...

I have learned that it has to keep them awake several times before they cut back on the jalepenos in the evening.

Shauna said...

Macy has been laughing a lot like this lately - I LOVE it!!! Hope you guys get alittle relief from the rain soon!

Rebecca said...

It's raining a lot here too right now. In fact, my bridal portraits were cancelled today.
_______________________
I don't understand people who can eat hot food. Why is it that when they eat it, they love it, and when I eat mild food, my lips burn for the rest of the night, and my eyes water?!?

laura said...

Nope. I didn't cut my hair. just pulled back, yet falling down! I can't wait to hear Reese's laugh...that'll be the day.

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

I love hearing babies laugh! LOL About Mike's snack!

-Sapphire