Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Xbox 360

I never wanted to see an Xbox or Playstation come into our house. I thought that if Mike had an Xbox he would play it all the time. That would mean we wouldn't get to watch any TV, I'd have to watch endless hours of gaming, and he'd get lost in the game rather than talking to me! For years, any time he'd mention buying one....I just wouldn't act excited about it. I never said, "No! Don't get one!" I really just didn't say much...and he never got one. About a month ago that changed.

Caleb emailed Mike a "great deal" on an Xbox 360. Mike told me that it would be a really good deal because it came with an HD DVD player (our DVD player went out a few months ago). He took Caleb up on the deal and within days a big box arrived at our house containing the prized Xbox!

Now you think that I may be posting about this to complain about Mike playing Xbox all the time now.....this post is actually about something that I NEVER thought I'd be thinking!!!

Sunday night I went to bed before Mike (like any other night). He's been waiting to play his games until after I got to bed and I heard him log into Xbox Live and start chatting with Caleb. I was laying in bed praying and a prayer came out of my lips before I could even think twice about saying it...."Lord, thank you so much for the Xbox." *GASP* What did I just say? Thank you for the Xbox?!?!? This is probably the first time in history a wife has uttered those words to our Lord! Then I started thinking about it...I really am thankful for the Xbox! Why? Well...I think Caleb and Mike have talked on the phone or chatted on Xbox Live more in the last month than in the entire 7 years that we've lived in Kansas! It's so cool to see their relationship growing. I love the fact that Mike and my brothers are more like brothers than brothers-in-law...and I'm so happy that there's something that allows them to grow even closer! Now we just need Tyler to get an Xbox again!

So yes....Lord, I'm very thankful for our Xbox....and I'm sorry that I resisted the idea for so many years!

9 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Video games to seem to bring family and friends together sometimes. Scott and my brother like to play when they get together. My sisters play too! Glad it was a bonding tool for your family.

Anonymous said...

from one xbox wife to another...they really aren't bad, huh! D needs to play with Mike and Caleb more-tell Mike that Derek's gamer id is derelichte...do you happen to know mike's?

The xbox 360...bringing family and friends together, one home at a time. :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's funny! I don't like our playstation simply because Wade likes to play it. However, no one has played it in a long time, so I'm thinking about taking it and selling it to help pay off debt. Sounds like a good idea. Right?

JB

Amy said...

hehe, funny! Praise the Lord!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

LOL about the x-box being a good thing! :-) It's great it's brought Mike and Caleb even closer together, what a wonderful connection to have forged over something "frivilous" :-)

Sapphire

Anonymous said...

I love it when our kids have fun together!!!

Ann Hastings said...

Well... I don't think Tyler will be getting an XBOX 360 anytime soon, there are a lot of things that we want before we get a video game. (unless our DVD player goes out like yours did, then I am out of luck, hehe)

I am glad that Mike & Caleb are becoming closer. Who would have thought that all it took was a video game!?!?

Miss y'all and love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Caleb.... It's sounds like a challenge!

Rebecca said...

Fun times! When Joanna and I were thinking of moving in together, we were contemplating getting an xbox so that we could play Dance Dance Revolution.