Wednesday, May 30, 2007

FINALLY!

At the end of April we went to TX for the Pleasant Ridge Homecoming and Youth Group Reunion. We had so much fun that weekend! Dad thought he burned all the pictures on a cd for me...but when I put it into my computer...the cd was blank! I was waiting to post about that weekend until I got the pictures from him...but I'm not sure when that'll be...so here's a rundown with the pictures that I took with my camera.

This first picture (actually taken by Josh) is of Juli Beth, Megan, and me. Josh was trying to recreate a picture of the 3 of us from high school. He used it in his Sunday school class the next morning. The YG reunion was lots of fun! Along with JB & Megan, Suzanne, Josh, Chris, Becky, Ashley, Courtney, Caleb & Audria, and many more were there. (If I had the pictures from Dad I'm sure I'd remember who all else was there). I hope this becomes a regular event at PR!
Here are some of the pictures I have of the rest of our trip.
I was packing to leave KS and went into the other room to get something. When I came back this is what I found! I had to laugh! It's usually Trevor that we find in our suitcase (I think Trevor thinks if he sits in the suitcase then he won't get left at home. He must have told Brody his secret!)
This is a picture of Sissie and GG after they learned we were pregnant! I think GG was in total shock!
Mike, Staci, & Brody at the lake at GG's house.
Daddy Steve and Namaw with Brody at the Lakewood Village Lake.
Dad and Mike went to check out the dock.
Namaw shows Brody the beautiful roses!
GG has a tradition of giving the great-grands a penny to throw in the fish pond. Lauren and Katelyn LOVE this tradition and I'm sure Brody and Collin will too.
GG, Sissie, Namaw, and Brody
Brody tries on his cool new sunglasses from Daddy Steve and Namaw.
Tyler and Brody play football while Lauren watches (Sunday after church)
Mike shows Collin how to wear the "cool" glasses.
I guess Brody wasn't challenging enough to play football with, so Tyler, Dad, Mike, and Caleb played a game of football (several hours long...look how sweaty they are!)
Monday morning Angela stopped by on her way to work to have breakfast with us. She had a cute little present for Brody. He's chewing on the tag for the shoes she got him and Angela is opening the box that contained a cute little pig that sings songs.
(This weekend in review is for posterity. Don't feel obligated to read it all!)
It was a very busy weekend. We got to town late Friday night. Caleb and Audria were still at Dad & Mom's house watching the Mavs game. We told all of them that night that we were pregnant (they were shocked...but excited)! Then Saturday morning we went to see GG & Sissie. Saturday afternoon Tyler, Ann, Caleb, & Audria came over to Dad & Mom's house. Audria, Ann and I went shopping....I don't remember what the guys did. Saturday night was the youth group reunion. Mike, Caleb, & Audria left early to go drive around and look for land for Caleb & Audria to build on. Then Juli Beth and Megan came over to Dad & Mom's house and we stayed up talking until after midnight!

Sunday morning we went to church and ate lunch at church (part of the homecoming festivities) with GG, Jan, Matt & Julie's family, and all our family. After lunch Matt and Julie came over to Dad & Mom's house to visit for awhile and let the kids play together. The boys went to play football while Ann and I went with Matt to run an errand (and stop by Sonic ;) For dinner we headed to the Mexican Inn in Mansfield to celebrate Audria's birthday! David & Daina and Billy & Paula joined us. It was a yummy dinner! Then we headed to Caleb & Audria's for presents and cake/ice cream. After a long day we headed back to Dad & Mom's and went to bed.

I got up early (5:00 am) on Monday to take Dad & Mom to the airport for their trip to Nevada. When I got back Brody and Mike were awake and Mike was making breakfast for Angela and Nancy. They stopped by and had breakfast and then Angela headed to work. We then packed our stuff in the car and headed back to KS.

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Sounds like you had a fun and eventful weekend! I love the pictures at the lake!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures by the lake really did turn out good. (I wouldn't have guessed it was at Grandma's!) Brody is very photogenic - like all of the Hastings! The one of him in the suitcase is great because he looks like he is up to something!

Shauna said...

I love all the pictures. I was waiting for one of you to post pictures from that weekend!! I thought it would be you first - but I also thought it would be a month ago when it really happened! Cant wait to have some pics from our weekend!

Amy said...

What a fun trip! Beautiful pics!!

Rebecca said...

I think it's time for another reunion...say...June 23rd?!? :) It was great to see everyone.

Anonymous said...

I hope Brody always gets in your suitcase, so you will not forget to bring him to Texas.