Monday, May 14, 2007

Inside Out

Today is "Inside Out Day"! Brody has now been outside my body longer than he was inside me! Nine months ago today our little boy came into this world. I can still see the moment they laid him on my stomach as clear as the day it happened. I can still see the tears in Mike's eyes and feel the soft skin of that little tiny arm as he reached out to me. I loved him so much in that very first touch...I never knew how much more I would love him just 9 months later! Brody really is a joy to be around. He always has a smile on his face and words on the tip of his tongue (I think he's going to be a talker like his mommy ;) It is the sweetest sound on earth when you hear your son call you by name and crawl towards you with such excitement at the idea of being held in your arms! Mike and I have been so blessed to spend the last 9 months getting to know all about our son...and we look forward to the many months and years to come!

Here's a picture of me the day before Brody went from Inside to Out (39 weeks 3 days pregnant):This is a picture the Sunday after he was born. He would've been 6 days old.This is Brody's very first football picture at 6 days old:Here is today's attempt at a football picture! lol. I think that Mike is going to have to help me! Brody thought it was a game. "Let's see how fast I can crawl away from where Mommy puts me on the couch before she can take a picture!" This is what most of my pictures looked like! lol Still gotta love him :)





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have lots of blurry pics in your future with the busy boy! Happy Inside Out Day!

Ledbetter Fam said...

How fun to reflect on such a special time! Brody is cute and it is so fun to see all of your pictures of him! I agree with Megan, there's lots more blurry pictures to come and in about 7 years he won't want you to take pictures of him at all!

JB

Steve and Joan said...

Oh, and you don't even know how much more you will love him in 26, or 24, or 22 more years! It just gets better and better!

Dad

RaeAnn said...

Inside Out Day, that's neat! I can't believe he is 9 months old already. It won't be too long an he will be throwing that football!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is already 9 months old! Give him a hug and a kiss from his Namaw!

Carl and Trisha said...

Brody is growing up! He is cute!

Amy said...

What a cute post! I loved seeing the pics.

Teri said...

Love the inside out photos!!! Yikes those tummies do look unreal at the end don't they? Cute boy, cute mamma!

Shauna said...

That is funny! Never thought of celebrating inside out day! You are so creative!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

What a great series of pics! You were all baby and it's amazing to see how much he's grown! What a cutie! Amazing to realize he's been here longer then he was inside you!

Sapphire

Rebecca said...

He's really getting big! Pretty soon he's going to be trying to throw that football at you while you're trying to take a picture.

Leave It To Davis said...

wow, Staci, I don't EVER remember your belly looking like that! You could be my twin.