Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Massive Flooding

I'm sure you've all seen Greensburg, KS on the news. An EF5 tornado when thru there Friday night. Mike played them in HS, so he was familiar with the layout of the town and was shocked at the pictures of the destruction! 95% of the town was wiped out by the 1 3/4 mile wide tornado! We continued to have storms come thru our area all weekend. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night we were up late watching the weather to make sure that we were not in harms way. We managed to avoid the major storms (only went to the basement once), however, now the water is rushing our way! Yesterday I wasn't able to get to work because of the massive amount of flooding our area is seeing. There were reports of people riding around on jet skis...not in a lake...but on the fields!

This morning the highway was blocked off at Alden Road but the officer told me I could get to Lyons going thru Alden, then Chase, then finally to Lyons. Mike just called and told me that the highway is now closed south of Sterling! I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get home! I hope I can make it! I really don't want to be stuck at work all night long!


Brody is now pulling up on any and everything in sight! Today an older couple came into the gym and talked to Brody. When they left my office to go exercise, Brody followed as far as he could. Then he talked to them over the gate!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Brody is getting so big! You are in for some fun times ahead :)

Anonymous said...

Mike, Staci, and Brody -

I am so sorry about the baby. I have had a hard time writing. I continue to pray for you all and know with your faith you all will get through this. I love you all very much.

Please be careful traveling with all the flooding. The Greensboro tornado was just terrible taking 95% of the community. I am so glad you all have a place to go to stay safe.

Brody is just precious - I cannot believe that it will not be long that he will be walking. I have never seen a child in my life (and I am old) that is as happy as he is. He has the "best" parents to give him directions in this life.

I hope you all are doing ok. Just know you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Sharon

Steve and Joan said...

Brody seems to get along with everybody! I think he is going to be a people person, don't you!

Dad

Jamie said...

Wow he is getting to be such a big boy. I am always amazed how much attention these kids get when we are out and about, although of course they would considering how darn cute they are!!

Anonymous said...

I hope ya'll made it home safe!! Brody looks so grown up!!! I miss him. I hope I get to see ya'll this summer!! love ya

suzspeaks said...

Look how cute he is pulling up!!!

Shauna said...

what a big boy!!!