Sunday, May 13, 2007

1st Mother's Day

This is my first Mother's Day with Brody (outside my tummy that is ;) It's fun to have a special day to reflect on the joys of motherhood and the love you have for your own mother! Mike told me that he and Brody had planned on making me breakfast in bed...but I guess Brody was just too excited about it to sleep. He was up by 6 am. Yuck! So Mike went and got him and just brought him back to our bed so we could lie there for a little while longer. Anyone who's had a baby knows that it's impossible to sleep with them lying in your bed! Brody would alternate between trying to crawl over my to get to the nightstand and sitting in front of me pulling on my nose/ears/mouth/eyes. We finally just got up and started the day. Mike made waffles for breakfast...they were yummy! Then Brody had flowers and a card for me. (Mike said Brody picked them out but was too cheap to pay for them himself! lol) Inside the card was a picture of a sleeping bag!!!! I was excited to learn that I'll be getting a new sleeping bag just in time for our Colorado backpacking vacation this summer! Here's the link to the sleeping bag he got me: http://www.rei.com/product/746683

After church this morning, Mike went outside with me and Brody and took a few pictures of us on our first Mother's Day :) Here's a picture of the flowers.
The card from Brody:


Mike didn't just stop with breakfast...he also made a big lunch today! Fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and fried okra! I was in Heaven!!!!

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad you had a good first Mother's Day! I enjoyed today with my mother, grandmothers and Cheyenne.

Amy said...

Aww, what a nice Mother's Day! Brody and Mike sure treated you well :)

suzspeaks said...

How sweet!! I LOVE that pic of you & Brody!

Anonymous said...

You will have many wonderful Mother's Days to come. I am so happy that your first one was so perfect.

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's sweet! I also love the picture of you two together. Happy Mother's Day!

JB

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you and Brody! Put that in a frame immediately! Happy Mother's Day!

Jamie said...

Staci, the picture of Brody and you is gorgous. What a wonderful Mothers Day, we are all very blessed!