Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

So ya'll think $18 is cheap for a sitter? Does that DOUBLE with each child that you add? So if we have 3 kids does that mean that it would cost us almost $60 for a babysitter just to go out to dinner and a movie? It didn't seem too much to pay for one child...but I guess I was just thinking ahead and multiplying....and thinking that we'd never be able to afford to go out if we have more than just Brody! Maybe we can still go out but we'll just have to eat at Taco Bueno rather than Lone Star ;)

We spent a nice relaxing day at home yesterday for Memorial Day. Mike practiced golf a little in the afternoon and then mowed with Brody before making a scrumpdiddlyumcious dinner of grilled salmon, green beans, and salad. The salmon had been marinating since Sunday and was so juicy! Yummmm!

After dinner it was bath time for Brody. He really enjoys it when Mike gives him a bath. I think he plays a little rougher in the tub than I do. Here are a few pictures from bath time.

"Daddy? Can you make the water come out of here again, PLEASE?!?"

"I'm gonna get you Frog!" (Notice how skinny he looks in this picture! I promise...we feed him lots! I'm tellin' ya...he never stops going until he's asleep. I think that's why he's burning so many calories and is so skinny! Or maybe Caleb's right and it's just because he works at a gym!)
The new game of dropping the toys over the side of the tub.
I guess the link needed some company....so the frog went over the side too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staci - the sitter rate doesn't multiply for more kids, you sort of work it in there. I think there's a rate calculator on sittercity.com for your area and how many kids. Of course, I did it and it said $10.25/hr for just Courtney! But the highschool sitters around here get $7-$9/hr and college age $8-$10/hr. Yikes it'll put us in the poorhouse!

Laura said...

Sitters are a lot here too. I am lucky to have so many family members ready to take him on any occasion! Bathtime is so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about the rate of babysitting. Truth is, at some point you will give your right arm for a date with your husband!
Those bathtub pictures are great. Brody looks like he enjoys baths as much as Collin. Collin had 3 baths yesterday - and he needed all 3!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Bath time is one of our favorite times around here. The boys would be in the bath all day if we let them.

JB

Anonymous said...

I am a cheerleader of date night no matter what the sitter costs (although we are free, when Brody is concerned...) We went to Pirates 3 and a "snack" and a super fast WalMart run. $34 plus they ordered $25 worth of pizza (my mistake for leaving a blank check and saying, "what ever you want!") But both us and the kids had a WONDERFUL time, so it was totally worth it! Always pay the babysitter well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, Precious bath pics!!

Rebecca said...

The sitter trick is to lock when in when they are young. By the time they are old enough to charge more, and normal rates go up, they won't ask you for more money. I babysat even during the summers home from college sometimes, and the people that I had been babysitting for since I was 12 still paid me $3.oo/hour. Of course, some of them realized that rates where higher when they had to hire other sitters during the school year, and I got a raise.

Unknown said...

To be honest, I have never actually hired a babysitter yet. We just take advantage of family and friends! We babysat Boone's cousins like crazy when we were in Abilene, so by the time Jackson came along, they owed us many a free night of babysitting! When I say $18 seems cheap, I really have no point of reference.

Cute bathtime pictures! We can relate to the skinny situation because Jackson doesn't sit down for more than a minute or two at a time when he isn't eating or sleeping. He looks so tall and skinny. Jackson would like to teach Brody some of his recent bathtime tricks. One of his favorites is to fill the cup up with water from the faucet (he loves that faucet like Brody) and dump the entire cup over the side of the tub onto his mommy or daddy. He uses the no look approach, which really did fake me out a few times. He also likes to put his face in the water coming out of the faucet and drink it. Lovely.