Wednesday, May 23, 2007

9 month appointment

Yesterday was Brody's 9 month appointment. Everything looked great. He's up to 29 1/4" and is 18 lbs. I know...he hasn't gained much weight...but she assured me it's because of how active he is. She said he may or may not be back on the curve with weight by his year appointment. He's in the 75th percentile for height...but only the 10th for weight! lol. Made me think of Caleb. We were looking at his baby book one day and noticed that his weight stayed the same for quite a while. His comment was, "Mom...did you stop feeding me for awhile?" lol. Nope...he just started crawling and then walking!

I talked to Debbie (the dr) about taking Brody backpacking with us at the end of June. She said she hasn't ever had any patients that were going to take their baby backpacking....camping in a trailer, yes....but not backpacking. So...she didn't have much advice for us. She did said to take along some Tylenol in case he gets altitude sickness. I think I also need to try to find a manual hand pump to borrow or buy for cheap for that week. There are going to be some days where we're climbing a mountain and Brody will just be hanging out with Mom around camp. I'm not sure that I'll be able to make it all day without nursing/pumping...besides...I don't want to hurt my supply. There's just so much more to think about on this kind of trip now that we have a son!

In other news....I'm finally going to get to see my best girl friend, Julie!!!!!! Ben, Julie, and Malachi are coming to visit us this weekend!!! I'm so excited! I haven't seen Julie since Brody was a week old. I'm not sure if that visit even counts since I was sleep walking thru most of it! lol I'm sure at some point this weekend we'll try to sneak away and go to the coffee house in Hutch :)

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Glad Brody's appointment went well. Hope you guys can have an enjoyable backpacking trip even if you have to take extra things or stop to pump! Just wait till you have a couple more kids!!! Hope you have an enjoyable weekend too!

Anonymous said...

Caleb, You made me laugh!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Staci,

I have the AVENT manual pump and I love it!!! I actually get more when I pump with that than I do with the electric pump. Just an idea. You can get it almost anywhere. I hope you guys have a great trip. I'm sure that it will be well worth the hassle of having to pack so much more stuff.

JB

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

I LOVE hearing babies laugh! You're right there's no greater sound on earth then listening to a child laugh!

-Sapphire