Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Brown Guys


I've come to the conclusion that UPS guys that deliver in rural areas are very different from ones that deliver in the city. When we lived in Arlington, UPS would come to the front door. If you didn't answer they would either leave your package with a neighbor or wait until the next day to attempt delivery.

When you live in rural America it works a little different. Some days the UPS guy delivers our package to Mike at work (in town). Other days he'll flag one of us down as we're pulling into the grocery store parking lot. Most days he'll just leave the package on the front porch.

Well yesterday a different delivery guy (not Bob) delivered a package to our house. I had just laid down for a short nap and must have fallen asleep QUICK! I didn't even hear his truck pull up the drive! It was hot inside the house so I was laying on the couch in just a t-shirt when suddenly I heard a voice calling out, "UPS delivery". As I'm coming out of my sleep I'm thinking, "WHAT?" Then I realized the UPS guy was coming in the back door! I called out for him to wait a minute and then ran to find some pants.

He said he needed signature for the package and that's why he couldn't just leave it. So...he'd driven around to the back of the house, waded through our mess of a shop, and come right on in the back door! Like I said...only in rural America!

5 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Wow!! THat is different. He would have been shot in the city! I hope you found some pants!!!

Was it a good package??

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest country story I have ever heard!

You know, our mailman reminds me of your country ups guys. He actually came to the door and introduced himself when we first moved in. And once I needed to run by the post office to drop off some packages, but on my way there, I saw his mail truck parked at a gas station. I sure did pull over and give him my packages-since he was so friendly and all. He thought it was real funny, and I was just happy that I saved myself a trip to the post office!

Even Houston can occasionally be countrified in the mail department!

Shauna said...

That is really funny Staci!! I think you should have just gone to get your package to show him what a UPS guy gets when he just walks in a prego woman's house in the summer!

Rebecca said...

I guess that'll teach you to sleep with no pants on again!

Anonymous said...

Staci! Be careful!!!

Dad