Friday, May 26, 2006

Rodeo Queen

I never got around to posting about this. Last Saturday, Mike and I went to the Abbyville Rodeo. Abbyville is a small town (smaller than Sterling) about 20 minutes away. The cool thing is that the rodeo is on the professional circuit, so you get to see some big time people!

Our friend Garet (who does http://www.centralksoutfitters.com with Mike) participated in Steer Wrestling. (This is a picture of one of the guys at the rodeo in the steer wrestling competition). He didn't win...but of course he was competiting agains the pros! In fact, he didn't really have a chance. I think the animals must have been feeling the weather changing (we had storms the next day) because a lot of them were acting strange. Garet came out of the shoot riding beside the steer and as he jumped from his horse to the steer...the steer stopped in his tracks leaving Garet to "airbull" (I don't know what you really call it). lol

That wasn't the best part of the rodeo though. . We saw something that I've never seen at a rodeo...the rodeo queens bucked off their horses! We saw Miss Rodeo Oklahoma and Miss Rodeo Kansas bucked off their horses! Miss Kansas was bucked off twice and fell pretty hard. They both got up, dusted off their clothes, put back on their tiaras, and climbed back on their horse.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That is funny! I havent been to a Rodeo since I lived in Abilene. I work with 2 people who Rodeo professionally.