Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bad Girl

Some might consider me a "bad girl" this past weekend. I didn't listen to my doctor. Instead of sitting around with my foot propped up all day Saturday...I was busy. She told me no cooking or cleaning on Friday or Saturday and that I should just sit around and relax with my foot elevated. Who honestly feels like they could do that? Not me!

Saturday morning, Mike informed me that he needed gas for the lawn tractor. I eagerly agreed to run into Sterling to get gas. I told him that after I got gas I'd just stop by a garage sale or two. (Saturday was Sterling's City-Wide Garage Sale! How could I pass that up?) So as I drove into town I got a map that told who was selling what. I headed straight for the houses that said they had baby stuff.

TWO HOURS later...I was proud of myself as I remembered to get gas for Mike on my way back home :) He came out to the car to help me carry in the exersaucer that I got for $10 and a box full of baby boy clothes that I snagged for $20! I'll take some pictures tonight of my finds and post them.

After hobbling around garage sales for 2 hours, I decided it was time to sit. So I rode on the lawn mower for awhile cutting the grass out front. Then it was time to make lunch, clean house, and start on laundry. Then I FINALLY sat down and propped up my foot :)

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

you WERE a bad girl! You know your limits best though!! Can't wait to see the baby stuff!!!

Shauna said...

that is funny - I could never sit still while I was prego and I really really cannot sit still now - I have been thinking about posting about how busy and ocd that I am.