Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Showered with Blessing

So I promised "more to come" about this past weekend. It was such a busy weekend...I'll start with the baby shower.

Paula Rhodes had the shower at her house. Paula, Mom, Jan (my aunt), Julie (my cousin), Ann and Audria all worked really hard on getting things ready for the shower. The assortment of food was amazing! I'm sad to say that I only got one grape, one slice of cinnamon roll, one little bacon-wrapped-smokey, and a half a glass of punch. I was busy greeting people as they arrived when Paula and Jan told me I better grab a bite to eat and get to opening presents! They were serious about a "bite" to eat! :)

I could not believe how many people came to celebrate with us! I felt overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from all my friends and family. It was especially fun to get to see people whom I have not see in years!














This is a picture of me with some of my friends from school. Meghan Weydeck, Lori Lunsford, and Julie (Ward) Tuel. Lori, Julie and I went to elementary thru high school together. Meghan joined us in junior high.




Here's a picture of church/sooner friends. Shauna, Suzanne, me, Juli Beth, and in the back Megan & Sarah.













Cousins. Julie is due in June and I'm due in August. It's been fun going thru pregnancy together.


Here's a view of the shower party. The overflow of people were being entertained by Billy Rhodes in the backyard. You can see the little girls (Katelyn, Mackenzie, and Lauren) who were a great help in getting the presents opened in a timely manner ;) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I love the pictures! They are great- it was a wonderful shower - I liked how with your pile of stuff - we just got right down to business! :0)
I loved seeing you - and I am so happy to be part of your life again after so many years! Love ya!!