Thursday, May 04, 2006

Discovery

So for the past 5-6 weeks I've had a spot on my foot that's been hurting. At first I thought I had a splinter in my foot. After 2 weeks of "letting it work itself out" I decided to perform surgery with a needle and tweezers. I dug around on my foot but never found anything! So I figured I just created an open wound (which would hurt more) and that SURELY it'd work itself out now! This past weekend I finally gave in and let Mike dig at it. It's on the outside of my left heel and it's getting hard for me to bend in a way that I can see it! He dug on it for awhile and never found anything! How frustrating! I finally decided that I'll just talk to my dr about it at my next appointment.

Well, this morning I was talking to one of the local doctors in the gym. She asked how pregnancy was treating me. I told her I'd probably be better if I could walk normally...then my back might not hurt as bad. She asked what was wrong with my foot and I proceeded to tell her the story. Then she insisted on looking at it. She immidately announced that it's a planters wart.

I was very excited to find out that I'm not just crazy (although Mike sometimes debates this), but that there really is something wrong with my foot. So I've made an appointment with my dr. for next Friday when she'll dig it out. She said I'll have to be off my feet for a few days to let it heal. That could actually result in a relaxing weekend next week! All of my current classes will be finished by next Tuesday...so I'm thinking maybe I'll read a book :)

We'll be leaving for TX in about 2 hours! I'm really excited to get to see a lot of you this weekend! I'll be sure to blog tomorrow after the sonogram and let everyone know if our baby boy is still a boy ;) I sure hope so! We put baby boy on the shower invites...so if he's not...I'll be asking for gift receipts ;)

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

planters warts = no fun. Joey had one that would not go away, finally it is gone!

I wish I were able to come this weekend - but I'm not. I'm real sad about it. I will be thinking of you & I have the perfect gift in mind for you , but I think I'll wait to make sure he's a he!

Have fun & give everyone hugs for me!

Shauna said...

Mackenzie has a splinter in her foot but I am definitely letting it work its way out. I am excited to see you - I think that the last time we saw each other was when I was prego with Mackenzie - now she is FIVE!!! Can you believe that??? I am so excited.