Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meeting Elmo

Tonight Mike surprised Brody with tickets to game 6 of the ALCS!  I decided to distract Barrett (so he wouldn't realize where Mike and Brody were going) by taking him to Daddy Steve and Namaw's.  From there we went downtown to the Arts & Music Festival.  I think it really should've been called the Food Festival!  Almost every restaurant in town was represented there...and they were all selling there food for $2 a plate!  We sampled several different restaurants.  Yummy!  Caleb, Audria, and Axton also met us downtown (I had a picture of all of us sitting on the sidewalk eating...but the boys "accidentally" deleted it from my iPhone.) 

(pictures to follow are from my iPhone) 

Barrett got really excited when he saw Elmo walking around!  He's typically afraid of people in costume, so he shocked my socks off when he said he wanted to go give Elmo a hug!  He ran right up to him and gave him a big hug.  Too cute!

There was a Schlotzsky's sandwich walking around too.  The first few times Barrett saw it, he hid behind me.  Finally he said, "I want you to take my picture with the hamburger!" and then he ran up and stood beside the sandwich.

He was most excited about getting his face painted.  In honor of the Rangers game tonight, he chose to have a baseball painted on his face.
An announcement was made over the PA that the Rangers game was being shown in the old timey movie theater, so we ventured in to watch for a bit.  It wasn't looking so good for the Rangers, so we decided to head back to our house to watch in the comfort of home (and so I could put Barrett to bed...and Axton could fall asleep...and, most importantly, so we could make some popcorn!)

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

We love Elmo, too, Barrett!!! I am so glad you got to have your picture taken with him!

Ann Hastings said...

What a fun night!