Thursday, October 27, 2011

Aikman, Hamilton, & Maleficent go to school

Today the kids got to wear their Halloween costumes to school.  Brody has known for months that he wanted to be a Texas Rangers baseball player for Halloween (he chose Josh Hamilton).  Barrett has constantly been changing his mind about Halloween costumes.  Over the past month he's talked about being a sheriff, an army man, a Texas Rangers baseball player, a Dallas Cowboy, a fireman, and "an army man with a badge that goes to work".  This morning (as I was rushing to get them dressed), he finally settled on being a Dallas Cowboy.  Autumn showed up at our house as Maleficent (the villain in Sleeping Beauty).  I was glad she could tell me who she was.  I may be able to name all the characters in Cars or Toy Story, but I can't even pretend to know the name of the villain in Sleeping Beauty! 

Brody wanted me to draw some tattoos on his arm like Josh Hamilton. 

This meant Barrett "needed" a tattoo on his arm too.  I tried to tell him that I hadn't ever seen any tattoos on Troy Aikman's arm...but that didn't matter to him.  I finally drew a star on his upper arm and he proceeded to flex his muscles to show it off.

Grammy is still in town today and went up to school with me to watch the parade of kids. 

At the end of the school day, Grammy and I went back up to school for the boys' Halloween parties.  They were excited to get to show Grammy around their school...and show her all their treats!

Grammy left today when the boys went down for their naps.  It's been great to have her here with us for the past week and a half.  We've had some great conversations, she's played ball with the boys, she's read to the boys, she's gone on errands and to baseball games, and she's even done my laundry and dishes!  It's been a fun time together!  Now we're all going through Grammy withdrawals!

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

What a wonderful tribute to Grammy!!

Ginger said...

Love the tattoo work! lol