Wednesday, October 05, 2011

It's the little things

Yesterday Mike and the boys left to run an errand and I stayed behind to pick up around the house.  They'd only been gone a few minutes when Mike called...only he didn't say anything.  I assumed he had pocket called me and was about to hang up...but then I realized that I could hear the radio really loud.  Instead of hanging up I paused and listened....

         No one can make me cry
         Make me laugh
         Make me smile
         Or drive me mad like she does
         It's like a curse that is the cure
        Better or worse, one thing's for sure
        It's real love and I don't know what I'd do
        If I lost it

After the chorus ended, the phone went dead.  I texted Mike and asked if he had just pocket called me or if he'd intended for me to hear the song on the radio.  He texted back, "I wanted you to hear the song.  I love you and don't know what I'd do if I lost you!"

I just love that!  Such a simple act to remind me how much he loves me made me fall more in love with him (crazy how that's even possible!)...and the effects are long lasting.  Today my heart is still smiling when I think about his sweet call and text :)

5 comments:

Ginger said...

How sweet!

Grammy said...

I love that song!!!

Mom said...

I am so happy that you two are so in love! It makes my heart smile too!

Ann Hastings said...

:)

Anonymous said...

That was just so sweet!!!
Gmommy