Saturday, October 22, 2011

Did I really just do that?!?

I did something yesterday that I NEVER thought I'd do!

Grammy and the boys went with me to run errands.  One of the errands involved the mall, so we decided to grab lunch in the food court.  The boys picked Chick-Fil-A (great choice!) and traded their kids meal toy in for an ice cream cone.  We were in a hurry to leave the mall (so we had time to play at the park before naps), so after they'd eaten a few bites of their cone, I told them to keep eating while we walked.  We got halfway back to Macy's when it happened.

Brody dropped his cone.  Of course, an ice cream cone ALWAYS falls ice cream down.  Grammy's hands were full (a kids drink in each hand) and I was holding Barrett's hand with one hand and my drink with the other.  I let go of Barrett to dig around in my purse for napkins (to clean up the mess off the mall floor) and when I turned back around Brody was licking his ice cream cone!!!!!  I said, "NO!" and then grabbed the cone from him.  I weighed my options for a few seconds, wiped off the top layer of ice cream with my napkin.....and then handed the cone back to him!

I looked up to see a guy who works at one of those kiosks in the middle of the mall selling cell phones.  He was looking straight at me and I could read the shock in his eyes!  "That woman just let her son eat an ice cream cone OFF THE MALL FLOOR!!!!!"

Yes I did.  I smiled and nodded at the man, wiped up the mess off the mall floor, and then led the boys out of the mall to our car. 

It's ok (kiosk worker)....I feel the same way.  I can't believe I did that!

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I have had Toffifay....the caramel dipped, then chocolate dipped hazelnut candy...you only get four or five of them in a pack....and you have to push them out from the bottom. I have pushed it from the package while walking to the car and had it escape onto the asphalt, rolling away while yelling "nannie-nannie-boo-boo", then coming to a halt and just daring me to pick it up and eat it. I stooped over, picked it up off the parking lot, wiped it off on my shirt, and popped it in my mouth. It was delicious, and it didn't make me sick. I think the more germs you are exposed to, the more immunity you acquire. I have exposed myself to a LOT of germs. You are merely giving Brody a headstart. :)

Wendi said...

This is really funny and something I would totally do. Oh well - Brody got to enjoy his cone! :)

Rebecca said...

I am all the time giving stuff back to Witten off the floor. Today at the Cowboy's game, he chewed on the cord in front of us that protected us from falling to the bottom level. Of course, I stopped him, but I guess, once his mouth had been on it, what would have been the harm in letting him chew on it for the rest of the game. I actually thought about it for a second, then decided against it. Too many witnesses!