Friday, October 21, 2011

Definitely a base hit!

Do you see the bird feeder in this picture?  It's on a tall pole (at least 10-12 feet tall).  Click on the picture to make it full screen and then follow the white arrow on the right side of the picture.  Now do you see it?  (again...picture taken with my iPhone...I say this so you're not critical of the picture quality...I didn't have my "real" camera with me.)
I took this picture from home plate.  This is the baseball diamond that Grammy, Brody, Barrett, and I played on at the park this afternoon.  I was the pitcher and was pitching (overhanded) to Brody who was batting.  Let me just say that he gave me quite the workout!  He was slamming those balls!  Twice he hit a line drive between 1st and 2nd base that I had to chase all the way to the bird feeder!  It went straight past me and didn't even hit the ground until halfway to the bird feeder...and then I had to run as fast as I could to chase it down!  Even if we would've had a full team in the outfield, every one of his at bats would've resulted in base hits.  With only me in the outfield....every at bat resulted in a home run!
 
Barrett was also doing great hitting the ball.  He was nailing them past me when he hit off the tee, so he asked me to pitch to him.  I pitched underhanded to him and he hit quite a few really hard!  One time he was playing 1st base while Brody was batting.  As soon as Brody hit the ball, Barrett threw his glove up in the air and started running the bases...and then slid into home.  Grammy and I were dying laughing!
 
After our game of baseball, we got the boys bikes out of the car and Grammy and I got another good workout as we tried to keep up with the boys (us on foot...them on bikes) as they rode through the trails at the park.  It was a fun afternoon together! 

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

You are such a wonderful daughter in law to include Grammy in your baseball and bike riding with the boys! I know she has to thank God for you everyday!!!