Monday, October 31, 2011

CANDY!!!!

Tonight was the big night!  Our neighborhood is full of children...meaning it's also full of lots of people with their porch lights on ready to pass out candy.  Our washing machine chose this night to quick working (in the middle of a load), so Mike stayed home to fix it for me so that we'd have clean clothes to wear tomorrow (it's soooooo wonderful to have a husband that's able to fix things around the house!)  The boys....errrr...Hamilton and Aikman and I went over to Trey and Nathan's house in the cul-de-sac to go trick-or-treating with them.  For some reason Barrett didn't want me to take a picture of just him and Brody...

But he was excited to have me take his picture with Nate!  These boys used to be just "Trey and Brody's little brothers"...but now they're becoming really good friends!  It's fun to watch them play together and watch their friendship develop.
Brody and Trey play together every chance they get!  Since Trey lives across the street from Daddy Steve and Namaw (just around the corner from us)...it's pretty much a given that these two will carve time to play together daily.
I took the little boys back to the cul-de-sac after a couple streets, but the big boys wanted to keep trick-or-treating.  When Brody got back to our house, he had filled his pumpkin so full of candy that he'd had to use his hat the last few houses to have something to put more candy in!  I told him that he could've stopped...he didn't have to keep ringing doorbells once his pumpkin was full, but he replied, "No I couldn't!  We hadn't gone to all the houses yet!"  

I'm one of those mom's that limits the pieces of candy the kids eat to 1 (maybe 2) a day.  With as much candy as they got this year...their stash might last us until next Halloween!

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Lots of years we had Halloween candy left until the next Halloween....then we gave that away to the trick-or-treaters first....my kids had still been eating it so it was good enough for other kids, too. I didn't limit the candy, but they soon tired of so much sweets.

Tyler Hastings said...

I like Brody’s poses… I mean Baseball stance in the pictures. LOL