Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful

Today when we got home from running errands, the boys followed me inside.  I heard Brody rummaging through my desk and then the front door open and shut.  He was gone for a few minutes and when he reappeared he was holding his hands behind his back.  He looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes and said, "Mommy...this is for you because I love you."  Then he handed me a wrinkled, half dried rose that he'd cut off our rose bush (not even leaving a stem to hold it by).  He said, "The thorns kinda poked me, so I cut off the stem so they wouldn't poke your fingers."  Then he gave me a huge hug and ran off to play.

Some people would walk into my house and think that I need to throw away the dead rose in the bud vase by my kitchen sink...but to me this is the most beautiful flower in the world!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so sweet and such a beautiful rose because of the meaning. His daddy is teaching him how to show love. How sweet.

I can't believe I finally figured out how to comment on your blog. I have been trying for so long. Yippee!!!

Leave It To Davis said...

Dave has a dried yellow flower from a weed that McKenna pulled and gave to him years ago still hanging on from the vent in his pickup. I asked why he didn't throw it away and he told me it was the first flower McKenna picked and gave to him. I didn't know he was so sentimental.

I'm glad you didn't tell Brody he should have left a stem for you to put in water. You are a perfect mom.