Thursday, March 11, 2010

Workin' Outside

We've had beautiful weather the past few days. Brody has been picking out shorts and t-shirts to wear and there has been lots of playing outside. The other night Barrett wanted to go outside to work. We had a tree limb fall (you can see it in the background of this first picture) and he took his circular saw (Brody was already using the chain saw) to cut it up...and then he was going to use his rake for the small limbs.
He was getting a little frustrated (I don't remember why) and I had to take a picture. His face is so irresistible when he cries or gets frustrated because he has a small dimple just below his right eye that appears at these times. It's so cute!
An ideas of work (or picture taking) were forgotten as soon as he heard an airplane flying overhead. I wonder if he'll be a pilot some day....

6 comments:

Mom said...

Hopefully their fascinations don't always turn into careers -- otherwise Brody might end up being a trashman!

Ann Hastings said...

His little dimple is ADORABLE- it's my favorite thing! I hate when he's sad, but he's so stinkin' cute that it makes me smile still!

Unknown said...

I love his dimple - that is his special mark - just precious. I just love that serious look he can give. When I came over to see them at grandmommy's house, he was eating lunch and when I sat down he looked at me and started smiling so big that his dimple was showing. He just kept smiling - I love it.

Jennifer said...

Is he potty-trained?!?

Staci said...

Jennifer - He's in training. I can't tell if it's too early still or not. He wants to be like Brody so much and he uses the potty all the time (#1 and #2), so for now I'm gonna run with it. So far the success rate is maybe 60/40. I'm taking it slow and easy. Undies in the morning, diaper for nap, and then depending on what our evening plans are either undies or diaper for the evening. I haven't posted about it yet b/c I know everyone would think I was crazy for starting PT'ing b/c he's only 20 months old!

Jennifer said...

Hey, if he's interested & is doing it, go for it!! I tried with Jacob about 6 months ago and he was not even close to ready. He was "mommy-trained" and I wasn't interested in that! :) I'm waiting for warm weather so I can leave a half naked boy outside to figure it out!! ;)