Thursday, March 04, 2010

Quiet

Does it seem like I've been quiet this week? It's probably because it's been quiet around here!

Daddy Steve took off work this week just to spend time with the boys...so they haven't been home much!

On Monday he took them to the Fort Worth Museum of Science (the kid part) and then to a show at the Omni. After the movie, they headed to Grapevine and stayed in "Ann's Hotel" (the Hilton that she works at). They got to eat dinner with Uncle Tyler and Aunt Sweetie and then spend the night at a room in the Hilton. They went swimming and then after they got their jammies on Brody looked out the window and saw Bass Pro across the street! He asked Daddy Steve, "Can we go to Bass Pro?" Daddy Steve looked at his watch. It was after 8 pm (after bedtime), so he said, "Sure! Put your clothes on over your jammies and let's go!" lol

Tuesday they had breakfast at the Hilton with Ann and got to meet a bunch of her co-workers. Ann somehow got them tickets to the Great Wolf Lodge, so after a game of baseball on the tennis courts they headed to the water park! They didn't get back to Daddy Steve & Namaw's house until after 3 pm. Tuesday night they boys were TIRED! They crashed over an hour before their normal bedtime!

Yesterday we packed their bags again and they headed to Temple with Daddy Steve. It sounds like they got in bed at a little more reasonable time last night...so maybe they'll have enough energy to play with me and Mike when they get home tonight.

So what have I been doing with all this "free" time? It's tax season! I've been getting a ton done while I've been able to hear myself think! I also have our adoption profile finished except for one final picture. It's an idea that I think will be cool for the last page of our book...I'll share it with you if it comes out as cool as I picture it in my head.

Hopefully sometime this weekend or early next week I'll be able to post our profile book on here for everyone to critique for us! (I know you're all just waiting on the edge of your seats for that! lol)

I just got back from going to the grocery store BY MYSELF (which was actually still kinda crazy because they're in the middle of rearranging the store so I couldn't find anything! Half the shelves were empty and shelf parts were in the middle of the aisles as they tried to figure out where to put everything!) As soon as the load in the dryer finishes...I'll be off to work.

Sorry if this post seems like I'm just rambling. I'll just end it here. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Caleb - lol. It's a nickname for Ann. She refers to the boys as "sweetie" more often than she calls them by name, so we thought it'd be fun to call her "Aunt Sweetie". The boys still call her Ann most of the time, but they know who we're talking about when we say "Aunt Sweetie"!

Ann Hastings said...

:) I had a great time seeing all of them and getting to introduce them to my co-workers (since they hear about them all the time).

Unknown said...

We had such a fun time with the boys!!! Thanks for letting them come down to visit. I know yall missed them but we sure did enjoy them.