Thursday, March 18, 2010

Really?

Have I really not blogged since Monday? So what's been going on this week? Hmmm. Did you know that it's tax season? I really enjoy tax season. I think doing tax returns is so much fun! Mom often reminds me that I only have to work as much as I want to...but when I look at how many tax returns are in the "to do" box...it makes me want to meet some made up goal in my head. On Tuesday night I brought home a box full of returns so that I could work from home on Wednesday. I ended up putting in twice as many hours yesterday as I normally do. The boys were playing pretty good together (except for a few fights) and since I can see both their room and the garage (where they can ride their bikes without me sitting outside with them) from my desk, I had it made!

Since I'm sure you're all interested in how many tax returns I've done (*obvious insertion of sarcasm*), you'll be glad to know that we're meeting some friends at the park tomorrow for lunch and then Saturday is Bella's (my cousin, Jon's, daughter's) 1st birthday. I'm sure I'll have some pictures/stories after the events of this weekend.
__________________

Barrett has started talking so much more in the past 2 weeks (we're attributing it to the fact that he spent a week with Daddy Steve AND Brody...both love to converse and I'm sure the only silence was when people were sleeping). He's suddenly stringing words together in a sentence rather than just saying one word at a time. He's also answering questions appropriately. Like today when I was talking to Mike on the phone on the way to work. From the backseat Barrett persistently hollered, "Hi Daddy!" over and over until I put the phone on speaker and held it back so Daddy could hear. When Mike asked what he was doing Barrett responded, "Riding in car." One of his absolute favorite phrases right now is "I lub du!' (I love you). I'm sure he loves the reaction it gets when he randomly says, "MOMMY! Mommy! " I answer "yes" and he says, "I lub du!" and then he smiles big and shows me that stinkin' cute dimple...and it totally brightens my day!
__________________

I'm reading a book right now called A Perfect Persecution by James R. Lucas. I read it several years ago but picked it up again because of the current abortion debates within our government. Wow. That's all I've got to say about this book. If you haven't read it before...I'd highly recommend it!
__________________

Mike's chainsaw part came in the mail today, so he and the boys are in the backyard cutting up a giant limb that fell (and thankfully didn't destroy our fence or newly built shed!) The dishes are done and I guess I should probably start on some laundry.
__________________

Since I feel like I need to end this post before it becomes a virtual vomit of all the random thoughts in my brain...I'll end it in a way that might drive elementary school teachers nuts (especially you, Wendi!)

The End.

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

YAY for a blog post ;) I am glad you were able to put in double hours (and you enjoy your job!). We're excited to see y'all tomorrow for Bella's birthday! Can't wait to hear Barrett's newfound talkativeness :)

Leave It To Davis said...

"virtual vomit"....what imagery!

Steve and Joan said...

You should hear Barrett say "Mustang"!

Wendi said...

Haha!! It's okay... I did it the other day also! :)