Thursday, March 11, 2010

Am I really a grown up?

When we went to the park the other day Brody spent most of his time on the swings. He wanted me to push him higher and higher and higher! One time Barrett walked up and said, "Push?" so I let him have a turn pushing Brody. He couldn't push Brody very high, but I was just happy that he had enough coordination to keep from being knocked over every time Brody swung back in his direction!
Then Brody said that he wanted to push me. I sat down on the swing and thought of the many many times that I've swung thru the air over the past 30 years. Something about swinging makes you feel like you're 8 years old again. Then it hit me. My child is pushing me on the swing. I have a child big enough to push me on a swing! Does this mean I'm really a grown up?

5 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

You are still my little girl!

Dad

Tyler Hastings said...

I love how excited Brody is to push you.

Unknown said...

I think it is so much fun to go to the park with the boys. Can't wait until the next time.

raeann said...

I'm a little jealous! We have been waiting and waiting for warm weather to go to the park. The girls ask everyday if they can play outside. Today it's 40 degrees with a 25 mile an hour wind. Not sure it'll happen today. Hopefully soon! Until then I'll keep checking your blog and look at your pictures and imagine it's that warm here!

Teri said...

Looks like fun, isn't it amazing how fast they grow!?