Friday, March 05, 2010

Bobby & Miss Stephanie

Today we had 2 visitors. I heard Brody yelling for me to hurry to the window and when I got to the living room I saw this...
The boys were looking at the window at 2 ducks that had flown into our backyard. They stayed at the window watching the them for the entire 25 minutes that the ducks were in our pool and yard. They even decided to name the ducks. Bobby for the drake and Miss Stephanie for the hen. (Not sure where those names came from?!?) Brody asked if we could go outside and see them. When I said no, he asked, "Well then can we go outside and shoot them so we can eat them?" lol! Can you tell his daddy's a hunter?
We were kinda hoping that they'd decide to build a nest in our backyard (they were crawling thru the bushes at one point). Brody was in tears when Bobby and Miss Stephanie suddenly flew over the fence and across the sky. We watched them until we couldn't see them anymore and then with tears in his eyes Brody asked when they'd be back.

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Oh no! I hope you don't have the situation my parent's had for years... they had ducks who'd have ducklings in their pool, the ducklings can't get out of the pool- they came back for year after year and pooped in the pool, etc!

Leave It To Davis said...

how sad.............