Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adoption Profile Book

***EDIT: ARG I thought I'd figured out how to post the pics side by side. It looked correct on my preview! Any tips?! You can still click on the images that are cut off and the entire image will appear. How can I widen my blog screen?!?***

Original Post:
Alright. Here it is. The Adoption Profile Book! Some of you have already looked at it and given us some ideas of things that you liked and things we needed to change. I think (unless you, my blog readers, come up with things I need to change) this is the book that will go to print! We'll going to have it printed on 12x12 pages and then we'll put it in a scrapbook. Any scrappers out there that know where I should have them printed (good quality...but not $$$$), I'd love the input!

I read several different blogs and guidelines online about creating an adoption profile book. The only parameters we were give by Covenant Kids was "your book can be about 20 pages". Yep. That's it. I found tips here and there online, but mainly I just started looking through our pictures. Most of you know that I take way more pictures than is necessary...so this was a difficult task. There's no way we could've included as many pictures as we did if I had tried to scrap them (in the traditional scrapbooking method)...not to mention it would've taken me 5 years to finish 20 scrapbook pages! I used Picasa to make the photo collages and well...I guess I'll let you decided if it's worthy to be shown to a birthparent.

{Be sure to click on the images to see them full screen...and to be able to read the text. Let me know if you see any typos!}

















7 comments:

Wendi said...

Very cute!!!! Now it's time for the Lord to match you with the perfect little baby. Even if it is last minute... :)

Jennifer said...

That is great, Staci! (I'm a grammatical freak so my only observation for change is to hyphenate "in-home Bible study" when you're talking about your small group on the first page :D) Beautiful!

Ann Hastings said...

I totally forgot to get you another picture of Tyler & I for "our" family page... do you still need one?
You've done such a great job on this book, the mother looking at it will see how much love you've put into this book and see how much more love you'll give this child!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Jennifer said...

Staci, it looks great! I did noticed that you put bukbeds instead of bunkbeds at one point.
You did a good job of telling about your family in such a small amount of space.

Great job!

Steve and Joan said...

What a beautiful story so far! I can't wait to see what is next!!!

Daddy Steve

Paula said...

Next to the last page, the "Home Sweet Home" is my favorite. Helps me picture what daily life might be like at your house. That's what I would be most interested in knowing about. Just seeing how organized and creative you are with this book would win me over. God bless.