Monday, March 08, 2010

Behind the Scenes

Caleb may have been the stud behind the camera during our family photo shoot...but Audria was the beauty behind the stud! She was awesome! She got the kids to look at (or at least in the direction of) the camera and then she went exploring with them while Caleb took a few shots of just me and Mike.

The most difficult picture we wanted captured didn't even include our faces. We wanted to get a picture of our outstretched arms for the last page of our adoption profile book. Brody was happy to cooperate (and so were Mike and I), but Barrett was a different story. He had already reached the end of his picture taking patience and had no desire to lay still on the ground with his arms outstretched! So while Brody, Mike, and I lay on the floor to let Caleb figure out lighting and camera angle, Audria invented a game to play with Barrett. It was called "Catch the Candle". She had Barrett stretch his arms out and then she held a votive candle up high and dropped it into his hands while saying, "Catch the candle!" He loved the game. When the time came to take the actual picture, she laid him on the floor in front of her and then leaned over him to keep playing "catch the candle". In between drops, Caleb was able to capture a few shots. Here's the behind the scenes view...

and here's the finished product
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I LOVE it! It turned out even better than I had pictured in my imagination!
Thank you so much Caleb and Audria! Y'all are amazing!!!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Staci, the last picture is breathtaking. So precious to see Barretts little hands open like that. Great work guys!

Steve and Joan said...

Audria and Caleb are professionals with fantastic artistic abilities. I am so proud of them and all our kids and grandkids!

I love the photos!

Daddy Steve

megan said...

It is perfect! I love it.

Ann Hastings said...

LOVE IT! I am so impressed with Caleb & Audria- now I can brag about their photography abilites too!

The Goforths said...

What a great memory to have stored in a picture!

Paula said...

Oh wow! I don't know what else to say. Very impressive! Will you adopt me?

Leave It To Davis said...

If that doesn't win a woman's heart, I don't know what will! Great photography, Caleb, and good thinking, Audria! It pays to have an elementary teacher around to help with the young'uns!