Friday, March 19, 2010

Lunch with Friends

Today we met a couple girls from our small group at the park so the kids could play together. It was WINDY (made me think we might have accidentally picked a park in KS rather than TX), but the kids didn't seem to notice. I tried to get a group picture of Beverly, Anna, me, and Robyn...but just as the timer went off the wind blew my camera sideways. I was shocked that we were still in the picture! It's a little blurry...but it's proof that we were really there (not just our kids)!
There was a playground next to where we were eating...but there was also a pond. You better believe that the kids were WAY more interested in the pond than the playground. We gave them leftover fries to feed to the ducks. They ended up throwing the fries into the pond before the ducks even noticed they were there...so "feeding the ducks" lost their interest real quick (but not before they got their shoes wet and muddy).
Next it was time to play with sticks. Most of the time they were "fishing", but as soon I as showed up with the camera Brody's fishing pole turned into a gun.
I thought this picture of Beverly and Sarah watching the ducks was cute. It looks better in black & white (you know...so you don't notice that the pond is a murky brown color).
It was a wonderful time with friends. The boys were not happy to leave, but when I bribed them with the promise of a snack from Wal-Mart (our next stop) they were happy to get in the car and buckle up!

1 comment:

Steve and Joan said...

You have such wonderful friends!