Monday, March 29, 2010

Brrrrrrrrr!

It was a beautiful day Saturday. The sun was shining and (when you could escape the wind) you were a almost hot! Brody became determined to convince us to let him swim. We tried telling him that it's still too cold. He didn't believe us (What do we know? We've only been alive 27 years longer than him!)

Finally we decided to let him learn this lesson through personal experience. He jumped up and down in excitement when we told him he could go put on his swimsuit. He ran to the pool and stepped onto the first step. He climbed back out pretty quick and said, "I'm gonna sit in the sun and let my legs warm up before I get in." I just laughed and said, "See! It's cold! You don't really want to get in." I guess he took that as a challenge. He said, "I'm going to jump in!" I said, "You don't want to do that. It's cold!"

Brody stood up, walked to the edge of the pool, and jumped in. He came up gasping for air (you know...like when someone pours a glass of cold water on you and you can't breathe). He immediately put his face back in the water and swam to the steps. By the time he climbed out he and I were laughing so hard! He said, "You were right! It was COLD!!! I think I'll wait for summertime to swim again!"

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Too funny! I love this picture of him!

Amy said...

Poor Baby. Sometimes they have to learn the lesson all on their own. At least he is still smiling.

Mom said...

Tyler and Caleb should be able to understand. I can remember them coming up gasping from the cold!

Gmommy said...

Live and learn!!

Steve and Joan said...

What a hoot! I wish I had been there to see that but your blog entry is the next best thing!

I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I guess in chat-speak that would be "lshihtime"... or maybe not.

Brody will always remember that jump into the pool!