Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time for Rubber Bands

I was working in my office when I heard some cabinet doors banging in the kitchen. I decided to finish reconciling a bank statement (I was almost done) before I went to check on Barrett. BIG mistake!
At least there weren't very many Cheerios left in the box...but when I saw that he was trying to clean up his mess WITH A CLEANER...I decided that it's time for rubber bands at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house. Much cheaper (and less permanent) than child safety locks, you just place a rubber band over the handles of adjoining cabinet doors and waala (anyone know how to spell that expression? it looks funny to me)...instant child proofing!

*Edited to add*
Just so y'all can sleep at night...we did move the cleaner that was under the kitchen sink to a shelf in the storage room that is too high for the kids to reach.

Also, I've been told that it's "voila!" not "waala". Hmm. Maybe "waala" is Texas slang for "voila!". lol

6 comments:

Amy said...

Staci - we also used rubber bands at my mothers house. and - i think it is ... viola! (but with a mark over the o but i don't know how to do that!)

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's voila, mark goes over the a, if you use it. Viola is like a violin. :)

Mom said...

He even had his milk on hand to eat with his cheerios! Does this count as cooking?

Jamie said...

What a good boy cleaning up!! I'm with you I would have wrote waala!!

Ann Hastings said...

That is halarious:)

Teri said...

It happens, glad he did not know how to use the cleaner! I remember rubber band days!