Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Daddy's Little Helper

Last night I took Barrett on a looooong run. He was super fussy (he has a cold and a low grade fever) and going for a jog was the only thing that would quiet him down. When we got home we found Mike and Brody digging in the backyard. They're moving some of the sprinklers in preparation of building a shed.
Brody was very excited to help Daddy dig. He kept telling me, "I'm really strong to be able to dig like Daddy!" Then he'd dig for a while and ask Mike if he was getting tired. Brody would announce to me, "We're getting tired. Whew! I better walk around for a minute to get more energy." Then he'd walk around the yard, get a drink, and go back to digging.
On one of his breaks, Brody showed Barrett how to properly use the garden shovel. Barrett watched intently and then said, "Uhhhh! Uhhhh!" which translates to, "It's my turn now Brody!"
When Brody went to bed tonight he told me that he needed to get lots of sleep so that his muscles will keep growing because, "...one day I want my muscles to be as big as my Daddy's!"

10 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Tell Brody and Mike that I need a few sprinkler heads moved too!

Daddy Steve

Steve and Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzspeaks said...

How cute! I love watching little boys act like their daddies!

megan said...

cute! I love how Brody wants to be just like Mike. So sweet!

Shelly said...

What a big helper he is! And I love the water bottle pic with his tongue hanging out. I'm in trouble when Reagan gets that age...there's just something about boys!

Ann Hastings said...

That is so cute! What a great helper he is!!!

Amy said...

This is so precious, Staci.

Jessica said...

What a big job! Glad Mike's got a helper. :)

Chris said...

Tell mike that Brody is not setting his goals very high if he only wants muscles as big "as his daddy's".

Teri said...

awwww, precious!