Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quarter Motivation

Brody asked me the other day what he could do to earn a quarter. I told him that if he made his bed in the morning that he would earn a quarter. I also told him that if he picked up his room at night before bed (without being told to do so) that he would earn another quarter.

This morning he came running into the office saying, "I did it! I did it! I did it! Come look Mommy!" I walked to his room with him and he proudly showed me his bed.

I was so proud! Maybe I can train him to be a person that thinks it's worth it to make your bed every day.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww! Since Kori got her big girl bed she has been so proud of herself making her bed to! He did a good job on his! Austin has a loft bed and it's pretty close to the ceiling so he gets by with just spreading out his comforter. Says he happy not to have to do much! lol

Jennifer said...

Good luck with getting him to think it's worth it! I love getting into a nicely made bed at night and it makes the room look so much cleaner, but I just don't like to take the time (all 60 seconds of it, I know!) to do it. Seems like a waste of time. How silly is that??? :)

Grandmommy said...

Good job, Brody!!!

Romaine said...

Brody looks very proud too. That's the best part!

Shelly said...

I'll give him another quarter to come make mine! :-)

Ann Hastings said...

That is SO cute... look how proud he is of his work :) I LOVE it!

Grammy said...

YAY Brody!!! Way to go - you did a
GREAT job!!!!!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

What does he want to buy with a quarter? When he knows, let me know!