Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mama Makeover

While my mom was out of town, Audria and I took it upon ourselves (with Mom's permission) to clean out her wardrobe. Mom asked us to get rid of anything that was out of style...or something we just didn't think she should be wearing. Not only did she have a closet in her bedroom full of clothes...the guest bedroom and the grandkid bedroom closets were both full of her clothes too! I really should've taken a picture of some of the clothes that she's kept. There were some clothes that were obviously from the early eighties (that's almost 30 years ago)! Audria and I purged FIVE 33-gallon trash bags from her wardrobe.
As you can see, there were still some clothes left hanging in the closet.
However, she may be a little shocked to see this! Both of these rods were packed full of clothes. Needless to say, a day of shopping is already in the works!
Did you notice all the empty hangers on the bottom rod in the picture above? There were more in the laundry room...and here's the bag full of metal ones that we'll get rid of after we have a massive garage sale!
Audria and I had fun...but we were both worn out by the time we headed home!

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Wow- that sounds like so much fun... you're right, she'll be suprised when she gets back, but hey, she did ask y'all to do it :) I wish my mom would let me do that to her closet!!!

RaeAnn said...

How fun to get rid of someone else's clothes! Maybe my mom will let my sisters and I do that to her closets!

Grandmommy said...

Y'all could really have a "heyday" with my four closets!!!!!

Jamie said...

Ok- I;m going to let my husband know I need more shoes. Alot more! lol Good thing I do not have a shoe shelf- I really mainly have tennis shoes!

Leave It To Davis said...

hmmmmm.....I hope you didn't get rid of some of her favorites. I can't believe she was using that many closets! I guess I clean my own out for lack of space.