Monday, September 21, 2009

Dress Rehersal

Do you remember me telling you that we spent some time at Bass Pro this past weekend getting Mike ready for deer season? Well, one of the main purchases was a ground blind. Of course, he and Brody needed to test it out to make sure it's gonna work. I love that Brody gave me a real smile for this picture. It's probably because he was so excited to be "hunting" with Daddy that he couldn't wipe the smile off his face!
Mike has his eye on the target (if you click on the picture to make it bigger, you'll see the target at the back of our yard).
Mike and Brody talk about the shot. They think it was a good shot. Now they just have to give the deer a little time before they go check him out. This is where you sit around and talk about what you did right and what you could've done better.
Finally the time is right and they go to check out their prize.
I'm really excited about deer season. It's been over a year since we've had venison in our freezer and I'm sooooo ready to have more. Not only does it taste good, it's so lean and healthy! We just need to do one thing to prepare...get a freezer! We gave away the little one that we had in KS and the one on our fridge is already full of frozen goods. We have plenty of room for one in our laundry room...we just need to break down and buy one.

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Mike and the boys will have many weekends of fun hunting! Mike is a great dad to Brody and Barrett, a wonderful husband to Staci, and I am proud he is my son-in-law!

Dad

Ledbetter Fam said...

Go check out the new sears outlet store by the church. They had some really great discounted freezers in there when we went and looked.

JB

Teri said...

Hope all goes well, the dress rehearsal was a hit!

Chris said...

If Ya'll lived in KS still I'd share some of mine with you.
I need to get it used up so that I can put some new stuff in.
Hope you get a Monster!