Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mike's Day

After lunch with Mark & Angela, we dropped the boys off at Daddy Steve & Namaw's house and headed towards Grapevine. What's in Grapevine? Bass Pro! Our first stop was the Hilton. It's nice having a sister-in-law with connections. Ann got us a great deal on a room for the night (thanks Ann!) We checked in and then headed towards the ultimate destination, Bass Pro. We spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening getting Mike ready for his big day. I'm not talking about his birthday...I'm talking about opening day of bow season for deer. It's almost here!

Around 7 pm we headed back to the hotel to get dressed for dinner.

I'd made us reservations at a nice steak restaurant, The Grotto. The food was delicious! Crab cakes, bacon wrapped salmon medallions, peppered steak...it was all so yummy! Of course, I told them it was Mike's birthday, so they brought out a special dessert just for him.

I hope Mike enjoyed his birthday as much as I did. I had fun today!

3 comments:

Romaine said...

Bacon wrapped salmon sounds so GOOD! We may have to visit that restaurant just so I can taste it.

Steve and Joan said...

Glad you had a happy birthday! We enjoyed keeping the boys. They are so good and we had fun.

Dad

Tyler and Ann said...

SO glad y'all enjoyed your dinner at The Grotto- it's AMAZING :)
Happy Birthday Mike!