Tuesday, September 08, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the infamous first day of school! Brody woke up excited about going to the three year old class at school. Barrett was up a little early, so we had plenty of time to go for a run and still get everyone ready (well...except for my kitchen...I didn't get it "ready"...it was a mess when we rushed out the door!). Brody willingly let me take his picture by our palm tree before school, but he either gave me cheesy smiles...or no smile at all!
Here's a first day of school collage for your enjoyment. (Click on it to see it full size).
As you can see in the pictures at the bottom, Brody walked right into class and started playing with the toys. I was so happy (shocked...but happy) that he didn't cry and cling to me. The bad news? I overstayed my welcome. I started talking to one of the other moms (in the classroom rather than the hall) and before long Brody put the toys down and was clinging to my leg. If only I had left when he was playing! Unfortunately, Mrs. Linda had to peel him off of my leg so I could make an escape. I hate leaving when he's crying...but at least I know that it only lasts a few minutes with him. Barrett is a different story...

3 comments:

Anna said...

Bummer that you didn't leave in time...I know how that feels...glad to know he stops right away! We had a successful leave today...leaving daddy and the house...well that was a different story...

megan said...

Cute pics! He is looking very grown up. Sorry he cried...I'm sure it was short lived.

Ann Hastings said...

Yay for Brody's first day! He's so cute in his polo & kaki shorts!!!