Friday, February 06, 2009

Window with a View

Brody is now old enough to climb up the ladder to the loft (in the game room upstairs at Daddy Steve and Namaw's) all by himself. Today I was downstairs in my office working and told him that he could go upstairs and play (Barrett was napping downstairs and I didn't want noisy Brody to wake him)! He ran upstairs to play. Later he came back and told me about climbing up in the loft. Then he said that he talked to Daddy while he was up there. What? Is this why the phones weren't working? Had he taken one of the phones off the hook? No, he said he didn't talk to Daddy over the phone. He said he SAW Daddy. Hmmm. Wasn't making sense to me since I knew Mike was at work. Brody went on to explain that when you climb up into the loft, you can look out the little triangle window and see the Fort Worth skyline. He said that since Daddy works in Fort Worth, he can see him when he looks out that window! I asked what he said to Daddy and he simply replied, "I just told him hi and gave him the I Love You fingers!" Awww! So sweet!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

That is too cute- love Brody :)

Wendi said...

Yeah.. that's really cute!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet!!! Love you, Brody.
Gmommy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Dad Brody has. No wonder he misses him when he is at work. I really enjoy seeing them together.