Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweatin' in the Mornin'

On Monday and Friday (and sometimes Tuesday) mornings I go to spinning (cycling) class followed by Body Pump on Tues/Fri. The teacher on Mon/Fri is awesome! She really knows how to push you to your limit. I had never taken a spinning class before we moved back to Texas and I was really missing out. It's an amazing workout. It took me a month or more to get to the point where I can almost keep up with the instructors pace (still not quite there)!

Yesterday no one turned the fans on during class. This has been a topic of hot debate as of late because some people don't want the fans on and some people do. The ones who don't want fans are a little more vocal which means those of us who want fans are a little scared to turn them on! I think come spring/summer there will have to be a rule that if the temp in the room is over 80...the fans are mandatory! It was sooooo hot in there yesterday! I can guarantee you that Marcia (my friend in KS who only sweats one drop per workout) would've been sweating yesterday and that Tina (who sweats when she looks at a treadmill) would've melted like the Wicked Witch of the West! I left there with my entire shirt soaking wet! In a way, it was kinda nice because there was no doubt in my mind that I'd had a good workout! If you haven't tried a spinning class before, give it a try. If you need a friend to go with you, you can meet me at my gym at 5 am on Mon, Tues, or Fri.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried a spinning class a few weeks ago, and more than anything else, that bike seat killed me! I won't be going to another one until I buy my own padded bike seat. But it was a really good workout!

Jennifer said...

I've been wanting to ask you--any suggestions for work-outs @ home w/ kids during the winter? Aaron leaves for work by 5am at the latest (sometimes earlier) and is home for supper, baths, and bed, then goes back to work (his other job). So going to the wellness center doesn't work for me (we tried!).

Jennifer said...

Oh, and for someone ridiculously uncoordinated! :)

Staci said...

Jennifer - The Power 90 is a great at home workout. All you need is the DVD and a resistance band. There are cardio and toning workouts. It's not a typical "aerobic class" workout and is great for people who aren't into choreography!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I have the Power 90 workout and I love it!!! I highly recommend it. Even for those of us who go to the gym. It's nice to have around on the days we just can't get to the gym.

JB