Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Morning Date

This morning Brody and I dropped Barrett off at Daddy Steve & Namaw's (it was Barrett's nap time) so that we could go to the postal center before school. It didn't take as long as I'd expected to mail the packages, so Brody and I decided to go on a little date. We went to Smoothie King and got a strawberry kiwi smoothie to share and a bag of yogurt covered pretzels. Brody thought it was so cool that HE got to go on a date with Mommy...because usually I just go on dates with Daddy (according to Brody). It was fun to sit there with just Brody and talk. He told me all about what he'll do today at school and who he'll see there. Then he smiled at me really sweetly and said, "I'll be your little boy forever!" Awwww! I said, "Thank you! You're my favorite 2 1/2 year old in the entire world!" Then he said, "But I still have to keep growing. I want to drive someday!" lol

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children always make the cutest
comments when you least expect it -
sure makes you smile and brightens
your day!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous happens to be Grammy -
sorry, I hit the wrong button!

Anonymous said...

Awww - he is so sweet!

Unknown said...

That was such a nice way to start a day - sooo special!!!

Steve and Joan said...

I remember going on dates with you when you were a little girl. Thank you for sharing such a special moment with us!

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

That is the cutest thing ever- I love how sweet Brody is, he's precious :)I am glad y'all got to have a date- keep doing that, it's so special!

Amy said...

He talked about it all morning. He must have said that he went on a date with mommy about 15 times. HOWEVER - he told us that you were supposed to go on a helicopter but it still had to be fixed! Not one word about smoothie king!

Amy said...

Such a sweet little boy.

Teri said...

Priceless!!

Anna said...

SO sweet!