Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Good Morning to You

The other morning Barrett slept in really late. I finally decided to go peak in his room and see if he was really asleep. When I opened the door, this is what I saw...

He was laying there just watching the door...waiting for us to come into his room! Brody was right behind me and when he saw that Barrett was awake he started singing our "morning song". Every morning Brody and I go into Barrett's room when he wakes up and sing this song:

"Good morning to you!
Good morning to you!
We're all in our places
with sunshiny faces.
Now this is the way
to start a new day!"

Then we both say, "Good morning sweet little boy!" (Used to I'd just say this, but now Brody joins me.) We're greeted with a huge grin and usually a "Dadadadada!" to which Brody responds in a sad voice, "Dada's not here. He's at work."

6 comments:

Amy said...

We sang that every morning when I was little - I love that song. I actually think it was at Park Row Children's center that I first learned it. WOW - a LONG time ago!
Ms. Amy

Amy Godknecht said...

My mom sang that to me too. Now I sing it more more as a joke because there are usually not any "bright shiny faces" around our house in the morning. Our version was a little different on that one line!

Anonymous said...

Such a good way to start a morning. That is a precious picture of our little Barrett.

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! He is such a good baby! It is fun watching him grow.

Unknown said...

What a "ray of sunshine" to start a day. He is most precious and adorable.

Teri said...

LOve that face!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that cute little song too!