Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday Fun

Yesterday Caleb & Audria had everyone over to their house to celebrate Tyler's birthday. Audria made yummy chili and mom made snickerdoodles (instead of cake) for Tyler. Tyler has never liked cake, so he always requests cookies instead when his birthday comes around. Here's the cookie that Caleb & Audria had made for him.
Brody loves Audria's "teacher room". It's filled with paper, crayons, and other craft supplies. Yesterday he convinced Ann to spend a lot of time back there with him coloring. Whenever she'd come back to the living room we'd hear, "Aaannn! Come play!" (I need to record him saying Ann's name. He draws out her name in true Texas style!)
After we'd filled our bellies, the guys headed out to the junior high football field to play a game of tag football. Quite a few guys showed up to play yesterday in honor of Tyler's birthday. I don't think there were any serious injuries.
Brody got to go watch the guys play football, so he went down really late for his nap. By the time he got up is was time for the Cowboys game! He saw football on tv and said, "Yay!! Go Cowboys! Yay!!" We were just relaxing watching the game when I looked up to see this:
No, Brody's not wearing capris...those are BARRETT'S pants!!!! So....maybe Brody hasn't grown as much as we thought! lol! They may be a little short, but they fit his waist just fine!

7 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

That was a very fun Sunday! I love it when our family gets together. And isn't it amazing how Barrett is scooting along now. He can travel a long way for a little guy!!!

Daddy Steve

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he can get Barrett's pants on! I guess diapers add a lot of space on Barrett.

Paula said...

I didn't even notice the pants. I thought you were going to say something about his shirt. Now I feel "old." :-)

Amy said...

It's the curse of skinny boys. Cameron is 8 and can still put on Cole's pants (he is a size 4t).
Ms. Amy

Ann Hastings said...

We had a great time at Caleb & Audria's- thanks for throwing Tyler a b-day party!!!
I loved spending time with Brody, too much fun!

Ledbetter Fam said...

So sweet!!! I would love to hear a recording of him saying Ann's name.

JB

Rebecca said...

Give that boy some meat! I thought the pants looked a little funny, but then thought maybe that was the fad young kids are wearing these days. :) It would sure beat the saggy pants that are so low, you have to hold them while you waddle...I mean walk...down the street.