Friday, December 12, 2008

Growin'

"Momma! Look at my legs! They're big and strong! They were growin' in the middle of the night last night!"

For some reason Brody has started of every morning for the past few weeks by showing me his legs and telling me that they grew overnight. I think he is going thru a growth spurt right now. Not only am I suddenly hearing words that I've never before heard from him, "I'm still hungry!", but every day he'll show me something new he can reach. He can now pop his pop tart in the toaster without using the stool to reach the pull-down-lever-thingy (what is the proper term for the handle you pull down on a toaster?!?).

He's always pointing out the fact that he can get things off of the kitchen counter while standing flat footed...and he's at that dreaded "hit your head on the corner of the counter" stage. It's fun to see the surprise in his eyes when he can reach something that he used to need a stool for. He'll look up at me and exclaim, "I'm growin'!!!" Then he'll get a slight look of disappointment in his eyes and say, "but I can't reach the sky yet."

I asked him this morning if he'd stop growin' and stay my little boy forever. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No thanks. I will be a big boy...just like Daddy."

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

That's so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Brody, you are growing every day. It is fun to watch!

Steve and Joan said...

I realize we will enjoy each stage of Brody's life but it sure is hard to see one phase end and another begin. Keep growing Brody!

Daddy Steve

Rebecca said...

He says the cutest things. Kids are so funny!