Saturday, December 06, 2008

Date Night

Last night Tyler and Ann invited Caleb, Audria, me, and Mike over for dinner and a movie. Mike picked out a few recipes from Pioneer Woman and emailed them to Ann. She went shopping yesterday and then Mike, Ann, and I cooked the dishes when we got there. It was yummy!!!!

Pasta Carbonara (I could've eaten 1/2 of this bowl in one sitting it was so good!!)

Mike and I had made these yummy shrimp before. You put the pan on the table along with a loaf of french bread and go to town peelin' and eatin' shrimp. You can soak up the juices with the french bread. It's messy, but delicious!!

Audria made salad for dinner and cheesecake for dessert. Can you find Audria in this picture?

After dinner (and a very competitive foosball tournament between Mike, Caleb, & Tyler) we headed to the movie theater to see Australia. The actual movie (after the previews) didn't start until 10 pm (my normal bedtime)! It was a 2 hr 45 min movie...so we were all really tired by the end. It was a long movie, but it was really good! Here's me with my sisters before we headed home. Can you tell we're tired?!?

We had so much fun last night! Thanks to Daddy Steve and Namaw for watching the boys so that we could go out for the night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering if that movie was good. Since it was panned by a lot of critics, I figured I would like it. :-)

Anonymous said...

That food looked yummy!

Noël V. said...

How fun! Thanks for posting pictures :) It reminded me of this summer when Patrick and I were there too. There's something special about all of you that we love being a part of. I've already asked Ann if we can do it again this coming summer. Do you have the recipes for the food? It looks great.

Steve and Joan said...

I am so proud when I see the six of you together! It makes me very happy to see how well you all get along and love each other.

Dad

Teri said...

I think I gained a pound just absorbing all that food! Looks tastey!