Sunday, December 07, 2008

5 months

I can't believe that our baby is already a little over 5 months old! It's amazing all the new things that he's been doing in just the last few weeks. He can now sit up by himself for a few minutes. The picture below isn't the best one of his posture...but his smirk was just so cute that I had to post it!

He has also started with the army crawl! I'm always surprised at how far he can move across the room just by scooting on his belly. I'm not really ready for him to start crawling. I like that I can lay him on the floor in the living room, leave the room for a minute, and know he'll still be there when I get back.

Saturday morning Barrett had rice cereal for the first time while he was at Daddy Steve & Namaw's house. They told me that he liked it, but I have yet to get a spoonful down! He just keeps spitting it back out at me! Now that he can sit up he gets to sit in the highchair at the kitchen table! He looks so tiny! It looks like he's thinking, "Are you sure I'm big enough to sit in this thing?"

Barrett loves his brother. The other night Barrett was watching Brody play with a ball and just started laughing big belly laughs! It was so cute! Brody would holler, "Barrett! Watch Barrett!" and then he'd bounce the basketball. Barrett would just laugh and laugh! Of course, we were all laughing along with him. A baby's laugh is contagious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barrett is changing so fast. It sure is fun to watch.

Steve and Joan said...

I love just sitting and watching Barrett lay on the floor and flail his arms and legs trying to figure out how to move and not getting anywhere. He will very soon figure that out and we will be watching him chase after Brody! Won't that be fun!!!

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

So cute- I love the first picture!