Saturday, April 05, 2008

Without a Doubt

Today I had the privilege of being a practice patient for Paula. She doesn't normally do OB sonograms, but in the past few months she's had to do several. She asked if I'd come in and let her do a sonogram on me so that she could work on getting her machine set up correctly for OB patients. She didn't have to ask me twice! Do you know a pregnant woman that'd turn down the chance to see her baby?!?

The baby is head down with his bottom and feet up in my ribs. That explains why my ribs get sore from the constant kicking! He was being shy and every time she tried to get a good profile picture he'd turn his head and look down towards my back. So we didn't get any good pictures of his face. Paula did get an amazing picture of his "package". I can tell you without a doubt that our baby is a boy. Check out this picture! (It's an underside view of his bottom, his legs, and in the middle are his boy parts.) See this sweet little leg and foot? This is what I feel kicking my ribs during the night.
Here he is waving for the camera. You can see his arm and his hand.
Here's a picture of his hand. The four fingers are curled over (you can see his nails!) and his thumb is more towards the bottom in a shadow.

It was fun to get to see him again and I think it helped Paula figure out a few more things on her machine! My back was a little sore after laying flat for so long...but not to worry! Do you remember how Mike gave me 2 gift certificates for an hour massage at Christmas? Well I scheduled one of the massages for today at 2:30. It was wonderful! I wish I could get one every day! I'm glad that I still have one more to look forward to. Thanks Mike for such an amazing Christmas present!

10 comments:

Paula said...

Save that massage and we'll do another sonogram in a few weeks. Maybe we can get a good profile next time.

suzspeaks said...

Those are amazing pictures! Great job Paula! You're right, there is NO DOUBT he is a boy!!! LOL! I'm so glad you enjoyed your massage!

Have a great Sunday!

Amy said...

Those are great pics!!

Laura said...

Yep, its a boy! Great pics!

RaeAnn said...

So precious! You are lucky to have so many pictures of your baby now.

Teri said...

Wow you are so in trouble when he gets older for posting his "package" online!!! Precious to see him though, take care!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! It makes me miss being pregnant...

Jamie said...

Yep, that's a boy. And not a very shy one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm not usually good at locating items in an ultrasound, but even I can see that he is a boy!!!

Shauna said...

You are right - no doubt!!!! Glad you enjoyed a massage!! I am a little jealous!