Sunday, April 20, 2008

Little Helper

Yesterday Brody was Daddy Steve's little helper. As soon as he woke up Daddy Steve asked him to help put together a picnic bench. Since it was still cool outside, they set it up in the kitchen.
"I get to eat breakfast here?! Cool!!"

After breakfast they headed outside to work on Daddy Steve's '66 Mustang. Daddy Steve put a step ladder by the hood of the car so that Brody could help work.
When Brody saw Daddy Steve get his toolbox out...guess what Brody wanted to do? Yep. He had to go inside and get HIS toolbox!
"Hmmm. Daddy Steve asked for a screwdriver. Should I let him use mine or give him the one out of his toolbox?"
Once they got the car fixed, Daddy Steve put Brody's carseat in the back of the Mustang and they went crusin'. I think Brody likes the deep rumble of the Mustang and the wind blowing in his face (there's no a/c so they ride around with the windows down). We even got to ride in the Mustang to church this morning! We felt like we were back in the 1960's...

8 comments:

Wendi said...

How cute!! Good to talk with you today at care group!

Amy said...

I bet your parents are just thrilled to have Brody around to help out ;) I wanna see more pictures of that Mustang :) I've always loved old muscle cars.

Steve and Joan said...

Brody is so much fun to work with. Just give him a few Cheerios, Goldfish, and some juice and he works all morning! Just be careful you don't say "mow" or "park" when the grass isn't high or you don't have time to take him to the playground.

RaeAnn said...

What a big helper!

Teri said...

Looking cute big guy, love the tool box. And I do mean Brody! lol

Anonymous said...

Brody is so blessed to have a patient "Daddy Steve" who will let him work on his beloved mustang.

By the way, I want to come over for a picnic at the new table on a sunny day.

Ann Hastings said...

SO cute~ I love it!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I bet he is going to LOVE that new table. I'm sure there will be many meals and snacks had at it this summer!

JB