Friday, April 11, 2008

Bump on the Noggin'

Tuesday evening I heard a loud thump in the kitchen and then Brody was screaming crying. Daddy Steve and Namaw were in there with him, but I still had to run in there to see what was wrong! When I picked him up this is how his head looked!!! Apparently he was in the downward dog position when his feet slipped out from under him and he crashed headfirst into the kitchen floor! Ouch! I've never given him any Motrin or Tylenol for bumps on the head...but after he told me for the 10th time that his head hurt and to "kiss it Mommy"...I gave him a little pain reliever before bed.

Here's what his head looks like today (3 days later). Pay no attention to the scrapes by his mouth. We have no idea how he got those. What can I say...he's all boy!

12 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

OUCH- that looks SO painful- poor sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. Especially the second one. What a sweet expression.

Anna said...

ouch! poor guy! But you are right boys will be boys!

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law was an RN. She never got upset over bumps as long as they swelled outward. It is when they don't that you want to worry. So sorry he had to get such a big owwie!
KS - Marshall

Amy said...

Poor little noggin'

Jessica said...

Awww, goose eggs are always so mean. (I can't believe how BLOND he is!)

Teri said...

Wow, that's a nugget, no need to worry about tylenol on that one, heck, I'd want some! Alan actually bit all the way through his lip once in a similar "slip". Definitely all boy!

Unknown said...

That's a good one! It's one of the joys of boys for sure. Connor and Logan constantly look like they've been in a fight. Their legs are always especially bruised up-I am constantly wondering what they have done to themselves.

RaeAnn said...

Ouch Brody! Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Rebecca said...

OWWW!!! That top one looks painful! It also looks like a purple horn is about to pop out of his head.

Annie said...

boys are suck complete nuts!!

that looks like a dent in the noggin!!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Owwwieeee!! Made my head hurt just looking at it! Poor guy!