Wednesday, April 23, 2008

GROSS!

Today Mom was at a client's office, so it was just me, Brody, and the dogs at the house. Brody had been playing in the living room when I suddenly realized that it was quiet (not a good sign). I found Brody sitting on the stairs. The dogs were at the bottom of the stairs watching him. He had both dog bowls and was chowin' down on dog food! YUCK!!!!! I know that most kids try it at one time or another...but it's still not something you want to find your kid doing! So we learned a new phrase today, "Dog food gross!" I immediately took him upstairs to wash his hands, face, and brush his teeth.
_____________________________________
On Monday Brody fell asleep during roomtime. This was a first! He crawled up onto the twin bed that's in the same room as his crib and crashed. He slept for 2 hours...and then didn't take an afternoon nap. It happened again yesterday! This really messes up my work schedule...so today when I took him up to his room for roomtime I told him "no sleeping"! He looked at me and laughed like I'd just told a great joke! I listened to him over the monitor while I worked and he was up there playing. I also kept hearing him say, "No sleepin'!" After awhile it suddenly got quiet. I ran upstairs and opened his bedroom door. He was laying on the bed and quickly pulled the stuffed animal off of his face to look at me. Then he started laughing! I said, "I thought I told you no sleeping!?!" He laughed so hard he was crying!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have personally never tried dog food. I'll have to have a talk with Brody and find out what I've been missing all these years.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Isn't it great when you start to recognize your baby's own sense of humor? It is one of my favorite milestones in their development. And Brody has a great sense of humor. It's a sign of intelligence!

suzspeaks said...

"dog food gross" - that so true!!! YUCK!

He's funny & smart to think that up!!

Anonymous said...

YUCKY!

Brody is one ornery little boy! You probably couldn't help but laugh with him!

Ann Hastings said...

That's too funny! Brody has such a cute personality :)
I love that he's got a sense of humor!

Leave It To Davis said...

It's nice to know in the face of world food shortage, dog food is an edible human substance...just make sure it wasn't manufactured in China!
Now Brody has a new way to get your attention.......pretend like he is asleep! What a character!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Eating dog food, huh? I guess that's something I'll have to watch out for in the future. No pics of this sight? Just kidding...