Friday, April 04, 2008

Busy Week!

We've had a busy week this week. Not only is it tax season (need I remind you that I'm working for a CPA now?)...but Brody and I have been busy visiting with family this week too!

Wednesday Angela went out to lunch with us. It was cool and rainy, so we went to the mall. We ate in the food court and then let Brody play in the toddler play area. He had a lot of fun! Angela had her 12 week appointment after our lunch. They did a sonogram and told her that their baby looks healthy! Praise the Lord! Thursday Mom needed me to go to GG's to pick up/drop off tax return stuff for clients. Ann called and wanted to go with us and eat lunch with GG and Sissie. Ron & Jan and Julie, Katelyn, & Collin also met us there for lunch! The boys are just 2 months apart and both have blonde hair and blue eyes. All of the residents were asking us if they were twins.
Yesterday Ann called me after she got home from GG's and told me that she didn't have to work today. She asked if I wanted company during my doctor's visit this morning. I had to go in for a THREE hour glucose test (fun)...so of course I wanted her to come! That sounded a lot more fun than sitting in the waiting room by myself for 3 hours! Isn't she sweet to think of doing that on her day off?!

Brody woke up this morning just after Ann arrived. I was surprised at how he was dressed when I went into his room. Some how he'd gotten his arm out of his sleeve, twisted the shirt around, and then gotten his arm back thru the arm hole. What do you think? Is this the style with kids these days and I'm just outta the loop?!?

The time at the doctor's office flew by since Ann was with me. We had fun talking the whole time! Then we went and turned in all my paperwork for pre-admission at the hospital and got a tour of the maternity ward. I was STARVING by the time we left (I had to fast and hadn't eaten since 5:30 last night)! We went to On the Border for lunch and by the time our chips and salsa arrived I was shaking, sweating, and feeling faint! I think I got food in me just in time! I'm glad I didn't pass out on her! After lunch we stopped by Caleb's house. He told us that he had a coupon for a pedicure (I hope Audria didn't mind him giving it to us!!!) So then we were off to make our feet look beautiful!

We got back to Dad & Mom's house to find that Brody was taking a nap, but had been entertaining Daddy Steve all day (it's Dad's Friday off work). Right now they're outside washing the cars together. I guess I better go take a picture ;)

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I had a great time with everyone on Thursday at GG's- so much fun! Today was wonderful, I am glad I could keep you company for your long wait at the doctors... I know it's no fun! My feet feel great, hehe!
Love you!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Daddy Ken! I will continue to pray for him and for your Grandmommy as well as the rest of your family.

I had to do that 3 hour glucose test, too. What fun! Glad you had someone to keep you company.